This is starting in about 30 minutes and I feel bad I’m going to miss this. At 6 a.m., people will convene at KM 0, better known as the Rizal Monument in Rizal Park, and at the PICC, for Walk the World, a World Food Programme event that will take place in about 80 other countries aside from the Philippines.
From the assembly areas, participants will converge at the Rajah Sulayman Park in front of Malate Church where a program will be held. UpDharma down and WFP Ambassador KC Concepcion are going to be there!
The event aims to bring into people’s attention that hunger — not A/H1N1 — is still one of the leading causes of deaths in the world. And hunger is something we can all help alleviate.
Participants who pre-registered and donated a minimum amount of P150 each get a Walk the World shirt, a bandana, and a certificate of donation. Sayang ngayon ko lang nalaman ito.
By the way, Rain Baguio posted this hilarious invitation to friends in his Facebook:
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Join Walk the World
1. The chance to see Malate in the morning. Trust me, its different without the lights.
2. UpDharmaDown. No explanation necessary.
3. Its good for the heart, especially yours.
4. Being part of a global event that occurs in 80 countries is awesome.
5. Politicians are prohibited from talking.
6. Models. Sexy. Slim. Buff. Hunks. Are. There.
7. Good for your blog and facebook and twitter.
8. You will see me there hahahahhaa.
9. Well, you will know whether KC indeed has a sex video with he who must not be named.
10. Hungry children in Mindanao.
Though No. 10 is enough for anyone to go, I would have joined for Nos. 2, 6, and 9. Ha!